In May 2017, after an exhaustive search for established manufacturing capabilities in Australia, we chose to look overseas. We travelled to Guangzhou, China to source and meet potential manufacturing partners with safe and ethical work practices
at the top of our agenda.
After days of visiting and inspecting factories, a select few were hand-picked because we believed them able to meet our high expectations for;
• premium materials
• skilled workmanship
• safe and ethical work practices
• organised work rooms
• clean and accessible staff toilets and meal areas
• happy adult staff - no children employed or volunteered
• staff freedom - able to refuse work or leave employment.
We pride ourselves on the close working relationship we have built with our teams over the years, which is founded on Australian product standards and values.
We manage every aspect of design, sourcing and manufacturing ourselves - including textile sourcing and printing, hardware design and fabrication and quality checking every finished item in country (Covid permitting), in order to achieve high standards of workmanship.
We believe this is the best way to create a premium product and satisfy the needs and expectations of discerning shoppers, whilst keeping costs reasonable in the absence of being able to forge these relationships within our niche in Australia. You may like to know...
• Our bags are handmade in small batches by a family owned company.
• Our towels are printed on premium microfibre textile that is custom spun to our requirements.
• Our hardware is made to our own specifications by a factory specialised in premium hand bag and luggage accessories and trusted by other premium brands such as Samsonite, Tumi and Michael Kors.
• Our outdoor cushions are hand made in Perth, Australia using our custom printed and treated fabric.
Learn more about us here.